[eImageSite.net][Member Services][Natural World][Places of Worship] 
[login][register][image galleries][search][latest images]
[Systematic index][gb][0118]

Peebles Old Parish Church, Peebles


Castle Hill, High Street
Peebles
Scottish Borders
EH45 8AW
United Kingdom
OS Grid: NT2501140392 streetmap
LAT/LONG: 55.6513,-3.1932

The Old Parish Church is built on Castle Hill, at the junction of the Eddleston Water and River Tweed, on the site of Peebles Castle. In 1783, the Church of St Andrew was built here. It was replaced on 23 April 1885 by the existing Parish Church with crown steeple, crow-step gables and chiming clock. The Burgh Arms carved in stone was saved when the eighteenth century church was demolished.
www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/peebles/oldparishchurch

View in Google Maps Google Earth
British Listed Building entry
Image 4863 0000-00-00
Peebles Old Parish Church
[Peebles Old Parish Church][Peebles Old Parish Church]Image 4862 0000-00-00
Peebles Old Parish Church

Picture credits

All Images supplied by R Abraham

Index through the images

Images updated 2017-09-15 16:00+00:00.

 Previous in country: Parish Church, Chiddingly - Church Lane, Chiddingly, Hailsham
 Next in country: Primitive Methodist Chapel - Potter Hill, Pickering, Yorkshire
Copyright © churchimagesite.info 2003-2017. All Rights Reserved. E&OE
Images copyright of their respective owners - see our Copyright Page
2017-10-17 03:51+00:00
Terms of Use
Administration by www.eimagesite.net
contact