Stanmore Chapel, Stanmore
OS Grid: TQ173919 streetmap
Stanmore chapel, which is affiliated with the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches, was founded in 1932 as an independent Baptist church.
Services were held in the Old Barn until 1935, and at 1 Abercorn Road for a further two years. The title of Stanmore Baptist church was adopted in 1934 but the original name had been revived by 1937 in order to avoid confusion with the church in Old Church Lane, which is a member of the Baptist Union.
The existing chapel was opened in 1937 and registered in 1938 and again in 1941. The building, of red brick, has seating for 150 and adjoins a hall, built later, with seating for 200.
View in Google Maps Google Earth
|Image 5281 2007-05-08|
All Images supplied by Hugh J Griffiths
Images updated 2018-03-16 16:04+00:00.
|Previous in country: Stanmore Baptist Church - Abercorn Road, Stanmore, Middlesex|
|Next in country: Stopsley Baptist Church - St. Thomas's Road, Luton, Bedfordshire|
|Previous in state: Stanmore Baptist Church - Abercorn Road, Stanmore, Middlesex|
|Administration by www.eimagesite.net|