Church of St Pancras, Widecombe-in-the-Moor
OS Grid: SX7187976792 streetmap
Known as the 'Cathedral of Dartmoor', St Pancras church was hit by a thunderbolt in 1638, killing four people and injuring 60. With one of the tallest towers in England, it stands sentinel over the village green.
Simple interior with arcades of granite monoliths and white ceiled roof with painted bosses. A three-rabbit boss, of three heads with just three ears, is a rare symbol of the trinity.
View in Google Maps Google Earth
English Heritage Listed Building entry
|Image 2617 2004-06-16|
St Pancras, Widecombe
All Images supplied by Hugh J Griffiths
Images updated 2017-09-13 16:00+00:00.
|Previous in country: Church of St Owen, Bromham - Village Road, Bromham, Bedfordshire|
|Next in country: Church of St Pancras, Arlington - The Street, Arlington, Hailsham|
|Previous in state: Church of St Martin - Cathedral Close, Exeter, Devon|
|Next in state: Collegiate Church of Ottery St Mary - The College, Ottery St Mary, Devon|
|Administration by www.eimagesite.net|