[eImageSite.net][Natural World][Places of Worship] 
[login][register][image galleries][search][latest images]
[Systematic index][gb][0004]

Church of St Mary, Stow-cum-Quy


Church Road
Stow-cum-Quy
Cambridgeshire
CB5 9AF
United Kingdom
OS Grid: TL5158559902 streetmap
LAT/LONG: 52.2165,0.2175

The octagonal font with panels containing shields supported by demi-angels is fifteenth hcentury. The early fifteenth century roodscreen of five divisions has much-cusped openings over a panelled base and open tracery above (its uppermost parts are nineteenth century). Over the nave south arcade is part of a late medieval painting of St. Christopher. At the nave east end lies a brass to John Ansty in armour, with small figures below of his twelve sons and four daughters, and an indent for his wife Joan. Indents for other brasses also survive. Besides seventeenth century floor slabs to Robert Lawrence and the Childs, a pedimented wall tablet of 1675 in the north aisle records Lawrence's charitable gift. In the north chapel are eighteenth and nineteenth century wall monuments, one of which formerly blocked its north window, and a brass of 1845 to the Martins.
www.stowcumquy.co.uk/Mary%27s.htm

View in Google Maps Google Earth
English Heritage Listed Building entry
Image 7876 2009-03-18
St Mary, Stow-cum-Quy
[Church of St Mary][Church of St Mary]Image 7877 2009-03-18
St Mary, Stow-cum-Quy

Picture credits

All Images supplied by Hugh J Griffiths

Index through the images

Images updated 2017-11-29 16:00+00:00.

 Previous in country: Church of St Mary - Church Road, King's Walden, Hertfordshire
 Next in country: Church of St Mary - Church Road, Watton, Norfolk
 Previous in state: Church of St Mary - Camps Road, Bartlow, Cambridgeshire
 Next in state: Church of St Mary - Church Street, Buckden, Cambridgeshire
Copyright © churchimagesite.info 2003-2017. All Rights Reserved. E&OE
Images copyright of their respective owners - see our Copyright Page
2017-12-16 07:05+00:00
Terms of Use
Administration by www.eimagesite.net
contact