Église Saint-Pourçain, Marigny
Though the church is dedicated today to Saint-Pourçain, it was originally dedicated to Saint Martin, and Saint Radegonde. Dependent on the former diocese of Bourges, the church belonged to the priory of Souvigny, a fact confirmed by popes Urban II in 1095, and Eugène III in 1152. An earlier (possibly 11th century) nave has been retrofitted with an interior armature of responds to decrease the span and support a pointed barrel vault, the overall effect is like Autry-Issards. The tower slung to the south resembles Agonges. The trilobed western portal has a scatological capital.
|Image 2969 0000-00-00|
church of St Pourcain, Marigny, France
All Images supplied by R Abraham
Images updated 2018-03-16 16:04+00:00.
|Administration by www.eimagesite.net|